Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.

Transport Accident Commission (TAC)

23 September, 2020

Transport Accident Commission (TAC)

If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, it is so important to seek medical advice & get checked as soon as possible. If you are injured from your accident, there are many services out there that can assist your recovery. 

Seeking services and treatment must be recommended by your doctor or health professional, and for your injuries that you received from the accident.

What Services Can You Claim with TAC?

Our practitioners are proud to offer care to victims of a motor vehicle accident. 

If your accident happened here in Victoria, and you have made contact with the TAC, you will be issued a claim number. This claim number will allow you to make an appointment with one of our practitioners. They will look after you and give you the most comprehensive care possible. You may be eligible to see one of the following.

TAC may cover your expenses for:

  • Chiropractic
  • Dietetics
  • Acupuncture
  • Osteopathy


Are you experiencing any:

  • Headaches?
  • Neck pain?
  • Back pain?
  • Dizziness?

Your Chiropractor will sit down with you and discuss your symptoms. They'll then check your body - assessing your muscles, joints, posture and movement.  They will provide hands-on treatment and give you exercises / stretches to perform at home. Their comprehensive care can help you feel better again.

Chiropractors restore mobility as well as alleviate your pain and muscle tightness.

Chiropractic Low Back assessment


If after your motor vehicle accident, you have found that your weight has changed? Or maybe your eating habits have changed? Seeing a Dietitian may be helpful for you.

Our Dietitians can assist you with weight loss and weight management treatment. They can help create a dietary plan for you to follow. And help you to make better food choices.  They also may be able to help you with any special dietary requirements, or fussy eating.

They can help you get back on track to a happy & healthy lifestyle.


Since your accident, do you have muscle injuries and or pain?

Maybe you’re not sleeping as well as you could be or experiencing insomnia?

Acupuncture may be able to help relieve these symptoms. Your acupuncturist may use fine acupuncture needles, cupping, Chinese herbs, laser acupuncture or moxa.

Dietitian cutting up vegetables


It's common after accidents to feel stiff and sore. Sometimes this lingers on and requires treatment by a qualified osteopath.

Your osteopath will assess your nerves, muscles and joints for any injury or damage. A treatment plan will be devised according to your injury and what you feel comfortable with. It might include adjustments, massage and home rehab exercises.


TAC is temporarily offering 'telehealth' services. This allows you to access these services from the comfort of your home. This can be via the telephone or via video call. 

What telehealth is and how it works?

How to Claim TAC?

  1. Speak to TAC to get your claim process started. They will give you a claim number.
  2. If the accident was more than 90 days ago, you'll need to seek approval from TAC before seeking any rebatable treatments.
  3. Make your appointment. Bring with you any paperwork TAC provide including your claim number and date of the accident.


TAC will generally pay the majority of your consultation fee. It will leave you with a small out of pocket expense.

How is the payment processed?

You'll pay for your consultation at the time of your appointment. Afterwards, we will give you your receipt with all the details you require on there to make the claim. TAC will reimburse you directly.

Processing with TAC

  1. Take a photo or scan your receipt
  2. Submit to TAC via reimbursement form under 'upload documents' on myTAC app or email to
  3. TAC will pay directly into your nominated bank account

More Details

Want more information? Check out TAC's website here.

Appointments available in Moonee Ponds or online.


  • Have you been injured in a Motor vehicle accident? Do you have a claim number?
  • Get help today with Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Dietetics or Osteopathy

About the Author

Sarah - Practice Manager

Sarah is just a phone call away to help with any questions you may have. She has worked in private practice for over 15 years, and is here to listen. She can assist with bookings, finding the right practitioner and help you understand the claims process.

Similar articles you'll enjoy: