How do you do telehealth?
We consult with you online - by phone, tablet, laptop, or computer. It’s a simple set up. You won’t need to download anything, no need to install apps, or worry about how it works. We’ll set you up on a secure, private connection on a system used widely in the health industry.
Who uses telehealth?
Our rural and interstate clients have used it before now. It’s also commonly used in many clinics and hospitals to help those who aren’t local, the elderly, and those with special needs.
Who is eligible for telehealth?
Everyone is welcome to use telehealth to keep healthy and manage ailments during this difficult time.
What do I need to have my telehealth appointment online?
All you need is an internet connection, an active email address, and any of the following: phone, computer, laptop, or tablet. Ideally with a camera.
Do I really need a camera?
Your device may ask if it can access your camera. This is not to take pictures of you. We can help you better with a camera so we can chat to you and assess you visually during your video appointment.
Once you hang up the call, the camera will turn off automatically.
I'm worried about my private information. How secure are online appointments?
We take security very seriously. That’s why we use highly secure (end-to-end encrypted) software commonly used in healthcare. It’s been specially designed to ensure your security and privacy are protected at all times.
Our online payment system is also a highly reputable and widely used system - it's known for its strong cyber security.
How do I pay?
You have 2 options to pay:
- Online through our secure and safe online payment portal when you book online
- By phone: one of our friendly staff will call you to take your payment (currently unavailable during stage 4 lockdown)
- Via EFT: we'll email you your invoice with all the details to electronically transfer the money
Note: Payment needs to be completed 24 hours before your appointment. Please arrange this ahead, especially if you are calling during this time as we have reduced reception hours.
Can I still claim with my private health insurance?
Private health insurance is covered for dietetics for telehealth consultations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How can I claim for Private Health Insurance with Telehealth?
- You'll need to pay for your consultation upfront.
- Once payment is received, we'll send you the receipt.
- Submit the receipt with your insurance company. Most have an App or you can do online.
Does Medicare pay for telehealth services?
We process Medicare rebates so you don't have to do a thing.
What about DVA, Worksafe, TAC and NDIS?
During the COVID-19 pandemic you can claim for telehealth consultations.
We accept claims for:
What happens if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment? Will I get a refund?
You have 2 options:
- Ask us to credit your account for your next appointment or product purchase. This is all tracked so your money won't be "lost" OR
- Get a refund
Note: If you plan to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us more than 24 hours notice to give others the opportunity for an appointment. It will also help you avoid late fees - this will be taken out of your prepayment and you’ll be credited with the remainder.
What happens if I need to buy a product after my appointment?
You can either pick up at the clinic during reception hours or we'll post it out to you.
Express post generally takes a day to arrive.
I'm trying to test my link and it's not working. What now?
Your link will only become active 10 minutes before your appointment.
If your appointment is in less than 10 minutes and the link isn't working, then
- Check your reminder email. Is it for today's appointment?
- Give us a call or email your practitioner & admin to re-send through the link.
We take your privacy and security very seriously. That's why the link is specific to your appointment date and time and only opens up just before your appointment. If you reschedule your appointment, you'll receive a new link in your confirmation email.
How can I get my practitioner's email address?
Easy. Check out their profile.
I can't find the link for the appointment.
If you've lost your link, search your emails for the appointment confirmation email. If you still can't find it, give us a call or email your practitioner and admin. We suggest emailing both your practitioner and admin as during lockdown we aren't able to check emails as frequently.
- Consult with caring, experienced professionals
- Save travel time and costs
- Enjoy the convenience of consultation in your own home, anywhere in the world
- Feel empowered by taking a more involved role in your health
- Prescribed products can be delivered or picked up
- Easy, fast set up: No downloads necessary. No apps to install. No fancy equipment needed.
- A simple, proven way to maintain strong health
- Easy 4 step booking process
Areas serviced with telehealth
The good thing about telehealth is our physical location doesn’t matter. We offer telehealth across Victoria, including the wider Melbourne area, Gippsland, and of course, the surrounding suburbs of Moonee Ponds (where our physical clinic is based):
Note: Your appointment will be booked based on our diary which is Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). You can 'translate' this to your own time zone.
Please note that during the COVID-19 shut down period, we have reduced reception hours. Please leave a voicemail as this is our only way to know that you have called. We will be checking emails periodically.