18 January, 2021
Back to School Health Checklist
Simple tips to wear and pack your child's backpack
- Wear your backpack with both straps on
- Wear the chest and waist straps
- Only pack essential items
- Pack heaviest items at the back of your bag, closest to your spine
- Reduce time wearing a backpack
- Pack a drink bottle as a reminder to stay hydrated
- Don't forget nutritious snacks
- Include the kids in the prep and packing. For example, do you want an apple or banana today?
- Want healthy solutions for the whole family? Speak with your naturopath or dietitian.
- Sit with shoulders relaxed and back
- Avoid slouching, keeping your back against the chair
- Keep both feet on the floor
- If you are concerned about kid's posture, get them check by a paediatric-trained chiropractor
Limit Screen Time
- Limit leisure screen time including TV, computers, tablets & phones
- Kids should exercise for 60 minutes daily
Get your Health Checks
- Have you had a check & clean at the dentist?
- Has your child's posture & alignment been checked by a paediatric-trained chiropractor?
- Have you had your annual vision check with the optometrist?
Appointments available in Moonee Ponds or online.
Similar articles you'll enjoy: