Gut health and brain function - what's the link?
Presented by Medical Research & Functional Naturopath, Olga Ischenko.
Know your gut
- How does the digestive system work?
- Poor digestion explained
- Common digestive issues
Microbiome: what is it & why is it important?
- Composition and diversity
- Difference between probiotics and prebiotics.
- Health benefits in the gut and beyond (psychobiotics, estrobolome).
Gut-brain connection: how does the gut influence brain function and vice versa?
- The vagal nerve
- Gut, neurotransmitters and brain inflammation - anxiety, depression, mood.
- How to improve gut-brain health and resolve symptoms
Women's Health Week
This year we are celebrating with online workshop series including:
- Body positivity, diet culture and healthy eating with Dietitian Alex Sherman
- Training with your cycle with Chiropractor Dr Tonilee
- Learning to love yourself with Holistic Counsellor Chantelle
- Postpartum Health with Chiropractor Dr Cassie (sold out)
- Women's brain health with Neuro-Rehab Therapist Cassie
- Pregnancy exercises with Dr Tonilee
- Relaxation techniques for stress with Holistic Counsellor Chantelle (sold out)
My First Foods
Everything you need to know about introducing new foods to little people.
Tummy Time Workshop
Help make tummy time easy! This is a fun and interactive workshop where you'll learn about normal infant milestones and to recognise signs of suboptimal development.
Stress Relief Meditation
Learn about your stress reactions and meditations to leave you relaxed & rejuvenated.
Chiropractor and prenatal Pilates instructor Dr Tonilee leads this interactive workshop.
- The 3 exercises every pregnant women needs to do
- The dos and don'ts for pregnancy
- How to have a comfortable pregnancy, labour and recovery
Coeliac Disease & Gluten Free Diet
What you'll learn?
- The difference between allergies, intolerances & Coeliac disease
- What is gluten & foods its contained in
- Hidden sources of gluten
- Other health considerations for a Coeliac
Do you know what and how much you should be eating? You hear talks of a 'serve' but what does that really mean?
Our dietitians will discuss all this and more.