Dr Cassie Atkinson-Quinton
Chiropractor / Neuro-Rehab Therapist
Cassie has enjoyed treating athletes around Australia, from Olympians to sporting enthusiasts, at all championship levels as well as in private practice.
After graduating from RMIT University with a Bachelors and Masters in Chiropractic, Cassie completed two postgraduate degrees in Chiropractic Sports Science and Chiropractic Neuro-Rehabilitation.
Combining her diverse educational and clinical experience, Cassie utilises structural and functional assessment to determine a management plan aimed at enhancing athletic performance, reducing pain and normalising movement patterns. She is particularly interested in concussions and post concussive syndrome.
With her first hand experience in managing her own learning difficulties, Cassie is achieving her goals. This is why Cassie is passionate about children reaching their full potential through gentle, non-manipulative chiropractic care and neuro-integrative exercises. Children present in many ways such as: developmental milestone check ups; feeding issues resulting from limited neck movement; crawling or movement difficulties; and excessive irritability or prolonged crying (infantile colic) from spinal origins.
Having grown up in Moonee Valley, Cassie appreciates now being in a position to give back to the community. After working around Melbourne and country Victoria, Cassie has a unique skillset in brain-based therapies which has not previously been offered in the Moonee Valley area. Cassie also enjoys volunteering alongside her Grandmother at the Caroline Auxiliary of Royal Children’s Hospital; mentoring chiropractic students; assisting to organise and host the annual Australasian Academy of Functional Neurology (AAFN) Symposium; and serving on the AAFN board of directors.
Outside of practice, Cassie enjoys yoga, pilates and running. She escapes to Daylesford to relax, hike and enjoy delicious locally-grown food. Although Cassie likes to bake, she struggles to follow a recipe, preferring to experiment in creating new, sometimes-healthy recipes. The flavour may be hit or miss but it is always fun!
Areas Of Interest:
- Concussions and post concussion syndromes
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Childhood conditions / development
- Headaches and migraines
- Bachelor of Health Science (Chiropractic) with distinction
- Masters of Clinical Chiropractic with distinction
- International Chiropractic Sports Science Practitioner (ICSSP)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment® Certified Practitioner (SFMA)
- Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Neurology Board (DACNB)
- Certified QEEG Functional Brain Scan Technician
- Australasian Academy of Functional Neurology (AAFN) - Board of Directors
- Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (CAA)
- Sports Chiropractic Australia (SCA)
- International Sports Chiropractic Federation (FICS)
- Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
- Golden Key International Honour