Individualised natural medicine…
- There is no one size fits all treatment; every plan is unique to the individual.
- Getting to the cause of the issue, rather than suppressing the symptoms.
- Practitioner grade supplements and further functional testing available.
- Natural treatment for a wide range of health and nutritional concerns.
Do you suffer from menstrual issues such as painful periods or PMS?
Do you have long standing skin concerns such as acne, eczema or psoriasis? Does it keeps persisting and nothing is working?
Do you suffer from anxiety, depression or insomnia? Maybe you’ve tried medication or you are sick of the side effects. You want something natural. A solution rather than a band-aid.
Do you want to increase your overall health from good to great?.
You may benefit from a consult with our Naturopath, Alexandra Lucciantonio.
What is naturopathy?
Naturopathy focuses on maintaining harmony in the body. It brings your mind, body and spirit into balance or homeostasis – a natural process the human body tries to achieve all the time. Sometimes the body needs assistance doing this.
Naturopaths get to the root cause of the issue so your body can return to homeostasis again.
You may think you know what naturopathy is - it’s just getting some supplements right? No - it’s so much more.
Naturopaths utilise a range of techniques such as:
- Herbal medicine
- Holistic nutritional advice
- Practitioner grade supplements
- Lifestyle modification
- Functional testing, if warranted
- Flower essences
Naturopaths can also work alongside your GP or other health professional to ensure you are given the best possible care along your health journey.
Conditions we treat with Naturopathy
- Women’s health & hormones: PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, irregular periods, painful periods, heavy periods, absent periods, menopause
- Fertility & preconception care (male & female)
- Pregnancy support & post-natal care (for mum & bub)
- Skin health: eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Mental health: stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, supporting memory
- Gut health: IBS, gastritis, reflux, diarrhoea, chronic constipation, SIBO, parasites, coeliac disease
- Liver & gallbladder health
- Men’s health
- Meal plans
- Immune health: asthma, frequent colds/ flus, bronchitis, coughs, urinary tract infections, hay fever, allergies, intolerances
- Sustainable weight loss
- Sports nutrition
- Optimising nutrient intake for specific diets such as vegans/ vegetarians
- Cardiovascular health: obesity, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Autoimmune conditions
- Preventative health: wellness checks & healthy ageing
What can I expect during a consultation?
Your first session includes:
- An in-depth discussion about your current health concerns, health history, family history, digestion, energy, diet, menstrual cycle, mental health and any other relevant questions
- Review of any recent blood tests or other results
- A treatment plan will be written for you inclusive of diet and lifestyle advice
- Referrals for functional testing (if warranted)
- Prescription of individualised herbal and/or nutritional medicine
- Physical examinations:
- Tongue analysis
- Nail analysis
- Vital signs
Follow up sessions:
- Usually these are fortnightly sessions to begin with and they get more spaced out as your health improves. In your first follow up consultation a rough estimate on how many sessions you require will be given.
- This is where we will check in with how you are progressing and any issues you may be having sticking to the plan. We might make alterations to your plan based on you current and future health needs. These reviews keep you motivated and accountable for your health.
- Any testing conducted will be analysed and treated appropriately.
What’s the evidence that naturopathy works?
Naturopathy has been used for thousands of years. Chances are you have used herbal medicine in your own home! Have you ever had a chamomile tea to help you sleep?
Naturopaths also use scientific literature – this means that when we prescribe we look at relevant evidence-based clinical research to make the most informed decision. More research is released every day! We keep up to date with this to make sure you get the right advice for the best and quickest results.
Can I get a rebate?
Unfortunately not. Naturopathy has been taken off private health insurance schedule. In April 2019, the Australian Government removed naturopathy, yoga, Pilates and other natural approaches to health. Please check with your insurance provider for more information.
Naturopathy in Melbourne’s western suburbs
We’re based in Moonee Ponds and are visited by patients from the Western suburbs of Melbourne, and beyond. Includes:
- Ascot Vale
- Moonee Ponds
- Pascoe Vale