28 March, 2022
Banana Hot Cross Buns
- 1. Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- 2. Mix in the yeast and flour forming a dough then add in sultanas.
- 3. Cover with tea towel to cover. Let it double in size.
- 4. Split into 9 balls and place into a baking tray. Leave to rise, again doubling in size.
- 5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Optional, glaze with extra melted butter.
- 8. Once buns are cooled, make the crosses mixing some flour and water into a thick liquid. Pipe using an icing bag or a zip lock bag with a corner cut off. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
It’s not rising or I’m too impatient to wait, what can I do?
Place a cup or glass of hot water in the oven and heat to the lowest setting for a couple of minutes. Turn oven off. Place heat proof tray containing the dough into the oven covered with tea towel. Wait 15-30 minutes.