available 7 days a week
- Emergency chiropractor to help you manage your pain
- Chiropractors open 7 days a week, including weekends: Saturday and Sunday
- In-person - or telehealth consultations if needed
Maybe you already had pain but it’s suddenly become so intense you can no longer handle it. You can’t wait until Monday. Every movement is excruciating. You can’t sleep. You need relief.
We understand how frustrating it can be to be in pain - you want help to get rid of it or lessen it straight away. We know pain doesn’t stop because it’s a Sunday or a long weekend.
That's why we offer you emergency chiropractic - after-hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, and most public holidays.
Benefits of Emergency Chiropractic in Melbourne
In addition to our regular chiropractic hours, we provide out of hours chiropractic care for acute musculoskeletal injuries.
Our emergency chiropractors frequently see:
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Sports injuries
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Disc injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Pregnancy back pain
- Muscle spasms
For emergencies, like breathing difficulties, chest pain, sudden severe headaches, suspected fractures & dislocations or loss of consciousness, please go straight to the emergency department at your local hospital or call 000.
How to book an emergency Chiropractic appointment
- Book your appointment online - select EMERGENCY CHIROPRACTIC from our Moonee Ponds clinic.
- Pay for your consultation as you book. Prepayment is required.
- Fill in the 3-minute questionnaire emailed to you.
- At your appointment, we’ll ask you questions and perform gentle diagnostic tests to get the right diagnosis.
- You'll receive pain-relieving treatment.
- Plan provided to get you back on your feet.
Can't make it into the clinic?
We offer Telehealth Emergency Chiropractic Appointments.
What can I expect in my emergency Chiropractic session?
We are family chiropractors experienced in treating kids, pregnant women, athletes and the elderly.
Chiropractic pain relief techniques used for emergencies include:
- Medical-grade laser therapy
- Electrical stimulation to the muscles
- Ice & heat advice
- Exercise advice
- Activities to avoid
- Education on what to expect
We'll recommend techniques that will suit you - and only begin treating you once you let us know what you're comfortable with.
Emergency chiropractic care is for musculoskeletal injuries and not for medical emergencies. Please go straight to your emergency department or call 000 if you are experiencing:
- Sudden severe headache
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Head trauma
- Loss of consciousness or severe fatigue
- Incontinence with tingling, numbness and / or weakness in the legs
FAQs about emergency chiropractic
Do you take walk-in appointments?
No. To make sure we can best help you, please pre-arrange your appointment and pay using our simple booking system. If you haven't visited us before, you'll get a questionnaire so we can understand your needs.
Do you require a referral for emergency chiropractic?
No. Chiropractors are essential service providers so no referrals are required.
My usual chiropractor isn’t available on Sundays. Can you still see me?
Yes. Not all chiropractors are open 7 days a week. We’ll happily write a letter to your usual chiropractor or GP to explain what you came in for and how we treated you. We’ll keep them in the loop.
Can you provide a medical certificate?
Yes. Our Sunday chiropractors can write medical certificates if needed.
How much do Sunday Chiropractic consultations cost?
Initial consultations: $200
Follow up consultations: $120
You'll get a receipt so you can claim if you have private health insurance.
Note that Sunday chiropractic appointments are priced higher than our standard appointments. Check our availability for after-hours standard appointments.
How long are emergency chiropractic appointments?
Initial consultations: 40 minutes
Follow up consultations: 20-30 minutes
What assessments are performed by an Emergency Chiropractor?
You’ll receive the same thorough assessment as you would on any other day.
- Standard chiropractic examination
- Neurological examination
- Orthopaedic joint and muscle examination
- Postural analysis
Emergency Chiropractor in Melbourne’s western suburbs
We’re based in Moonee Ponds and are visited by patients from the Western suburbs of Melbourne, and beyond. Includes:
- Ascot Vale
- Moonee Ponds
- Pascoe Vale
Emergency Chiropractic at Body and Brain Centre
- Caring and experienced practitioners to help you manage your pain
- Private health rebates available
- Urgent appointments available including Saturdays, Sundays, some public holidays and during COVID-19 restrictions
Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
- Helen Keller
- Bronfort G, et al. (2010). Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report. Chiropr Osteopat. 2010 Feb 25;18:3. doi: 10.1186/1746-1340-18-3.
- Clar C, Tsertsvadze A, Court R, Hundt GL, Clarke A, Sutcliffe P. (2014). “Clinical Effectiveness of Manual Therapies for Management of Musculoskeletal and Non-Musculoskeletal Conditions: Systematic Review and Update of UK Evidence Report”. Chiropractic & Manipulative Therapy. Vol 22, Issue 12
- Paige NM, Miake-Lye IM, Booth MS, et al. Association of Spinal Manipulative Therapy With Clinical Benefit and Harm for Acute Low Back Pain: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis [published correction appears in JAMA. 2017 Jun 6;317(21):2239] [published correction appears in JAMA. 2017 Nov 28;318(20):2048]. JAMA. 2017;317(14):1451-1460. doi:10.1001/jama.2017.3086
- Ren C., McGrath C. & Yang Y (2015). The effectiveness of low level diode laser therapy on orthopaedic pain management: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Laser Med Sci. 30(7), pp. 1881-1893, accessed on May 6 2016 via http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562996/