It may be time for a remedial massage - massage targeted to your problem areas.
We use carefully selected massage techniques to help you manage injuries, pain, and help you with rehabilitation if needed.
What can your Remedial Massage Therapist help with?
When you sit for hours at a desk, you stand too much, or you have a sports injury, you might feel a bit off. You may begin to notice things like:
- You can’t move your neck past a certain point: it’s tough doing head checks in the car
- Your shoulders are rounded and your back feels tired when you try to pull them back
- You have tight hammies but nothing seems to be working, not even yoga or stretching
- Your shoulder, wrist, or back feels out
- Your shins kill when you’re out for a run
As much as you try to ignore these, it’s hard when the pain never lets up. You can’t help feeling cranky and tired. It’s an effort getting motivated to go to work every morning. And it’s even worse when you can’t get a good night’s sleep.
An important part of treatment is finding out more about what is causing the problem and which muscles, joints, and connective tissues it affects.
We focus the massage on these areas. Then we give you helpful tips and take-home exercises that empower you to take charge of your own health in between sessions.
Our aim is to get you back to normal so you can get on with your daily activities easily and pain-free. Whether that’s running, sleeping, or sitting comfortably in your work chair.
9 reasons to see a Remedial Massage Therapist from Body and Brain Centre
- Professional and makes you feel comfortable from start to finish
- Formal qualifications from legitimate educational providers that are regulated for your best interests
- Experience in a range of settings so they have a good idea of what has worked for others with similar concerns as you
- Skilled at knowing when and how to safely use a range of techniques
- Knowledgeable with ongoing learning (and teaching) so you’re treated with the most relevant, updated techniques
- Simple explanations so you can understand your treatment
- Strong reputation as reassurance you’re being treated by the best in the industry
- Access to a clinic of health-related practitioners to give you true holistic care
- Take-home exercises or stretches empower you to get better faster in between sessions so you don’t have to see us as often
There are heaps of massage therapists out there.
Don’t risk your health with a hit and miss, cheap Scoopon deal or the 10 minute ‘quick fix’ in your local shopping centre.
You deserve a reputable, qualified, experienced massage therapist.
It might not be as easy to get an appointment with a good massage therapist, but it is safer, and you are more likely to get results.
What happens during a Remedial Massage session?
From the moment you contact us, your health is as important to us as it is to you.
You can expect:
- A chat about your pain so we understand what’s troubling you
- Simple exercises to check your movement
- Easy to understand explanations so you know what will be done and why
- Take home exercises and stretches so you prolong the benefits of your massage
- A comfortable and professional environment so you feel taken care of
We’ll help you work out whether massage will be enough, or whether you might benefit from seeing another practitioner to complement your massage.
Got any results or reports?
Send us your:
- X-Rays, MRIs, CAT scans
- Any other results you’ve gotten from doctors or other practitioners
We’ll be able to get you back on track faster if we have the big picture. No worries if you haven’t seen anyone yet.
Our remedial massage therapists are fully qualified and are dedicated to finding the how, why, what, and where of your pain.
We’ll ask questions, and may even get you to do a few movements such as push, pull, or simply stand - so we have a good idea of what the problem is before we begin.
What kind of techniques do we use?
We may use one or a few of techniques such as:
We’re trained and experienced to safely use these techniques. Every technique is explained and demonstrated so you’re comfortable before we begin.
FAQs about Remedial Massage
Do you guys do private health rebates?
Our Remedial Massage therapist Glenn Halls is registered with every private health insurance company in Australia including: Medibank Private, BUPA, NIB, Australian Unity, Defence Health and many more. You may like to check with your health insurer to confirm your eligibility for remedial massage rebates.
Do I really need to go back after my first session?
It depends on your situation - and how long you’ve had the pain or injury.
Pain often takes time to build up. For example, say you have tight shoulders and neck from sitting at your desk for 40 hours a week over the past 2 years. This won’t be fixed with one massage.
One massage session may help temporarily, but in some cases will work better with a treatment plan of several sessions.
Our aim is to get you feeling your normal self again, so you don’t need to keep coming back to us.
To do this, we’ll create a plan including take home exercises, stretches, and tips so you’re aware of what’s causing your pain and can manage it yourself.
Your suggested treatment plan may start off with more visits more often to get on top of the problem - then spaced further apart. For example, you might begin with a visit every 2 weeks for a month, then every 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks - until you reach a point where you book in only when you’re feeling off.
I need a sports massage. Is this the best massage for me?
Yes. Our remedial massage therapists have experience with sport injuries and can set up a pre-training and post-training plan if needed.
Will I get an all body massage?
Not likely. We’ll focus on the top 2-3 areas you’d like us to help you with.
Remedial massage is not the same as a relaxation massage. If you’re after a relaxing, all-body massage, you may like to find a relaxation massage at a spa or other centre. If you’d like to get directly to the cause of your pain or injury, we are here to help
Types of Remedial Massage appointments available
First appointment: 60 minutes
Regular appointments: 60 minute appointments are recommended for the vast majority of patients however 30 and 90 minute appointments are available upon request.
With Chiropractic appointments: 30 minutes
About your Remedial Massage Therapist
All our therapists have formal qualifications along with plenty of practical remedial massage experience in different clinics helping people with different needs.
You’ll find them really easy to talk to and understand. Importantly, they’ll be there for you in between sessions - checking in on you, answering any worries or questions you may have, and getting insight from other health practitioners in the clinic (with your consent of course).
What’s more, to keep their skills and knowledge updated, they are always learning (and teaching!).
Remedial Massage in Melbourne’s western suburbs
We’re based in Moonee Ponds and are visited by patients from the Western suburbs of Melbourne, and beyond. Includes:
- Ascot Vale
- Moonee Ponds
- Pascoe Vale
Remedial Massage at Body and Brain Centre
- Qualified and reputable professionals with many years of experience
- Relaxing and professional environment so you feel comfortable
- Simple explanations and take home exercises empower you to take charge of your health
"Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen."
- Shakti Gawain