6 November, 2020
NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
Approximate reading time: 3 minutes
The NDIS is an Organisation that provides a significant source of support for someone with a disability. They provide funding to people who are eligible based on their own individual needs.
The NDIS is funded by the government and can be accessed Australia wide.
- Are you aged between 7 – 65?
- Do you live in Australia & have an Australian residency?
- Do you use special equipment because of your disability?
- Do you usually need support form a person because of a permanent & significant disability?
- Do you need help and support now to reduce your future needs?
How NDIS works at Body & Brain Centre
We can assist you with your needs and help tailor a program to support you in the most comprehensive way - to give you the best possible outcome.
So, if you use the NDIS, you can book an appointment to see one of our practitioners here at Body & Brain Centre.
If your plan is 'Agency Managed', check with us first as our practitioners need to be registered with the NDIS.
Plan or Self Managed
If your plan is 'Plan Managed' (a third party that looks after the financial side of the plan) or 'Self-Managed' (the participant manages the funding) then you are free to see any practitioner, you choose.
Depending on the nature of your disability, you may see:
For example, our chiropractors can help you with a range of musculoskeletal conditions that may be affecting you in your day to day life. These issues can really impact your quality of life, so we are here to help you!
Or maybe you are struggling with your diet or weight, then one of our dietitians may be able to help you make better diet choices.
We can provide tailored care that gets your body working well again. So depending on your circumstances, we have a range of health professionals here to help.
You can expect:
- Personalised care
- The right treatment plan that suits you
- Lifestyle advice
- Professional and caring service
- Qualified and experienced practitioners
If you need more information, please click the link here.
- NDIS financially supports Aussies with disabilities seek healthcare services
- Dietetics, chiropractic, biofeedback, remedial massage, naturopathy and Chinese medicine may all be covered by NDIS
- The way payment is processed depends on the management of your NDIS plan
About the Author
Sarah - Practice Manager
Sarah is just a phone call away to help with any questions you may have. She has worked in private practice for over 15 years, and is here to listen. She can assist with bookings, finding the right practitioner and help you understand the claims process.