Dietitian / Nutritionist
Alex Sherman is an Accredited Practising Dietitian. She has studied the impact of nutritional health on the human body for over six years.
After completing her Masters, Alex completed post-graduate studies in FODMAP diet and IBS support.
Throughout her studies, she has found a passion for helping all patients on their health journey, assisting with high level dietetic care to improve quality of life and wellbeing of her patients. She has experience supporting patients with specific nutritional issues as well as general nutrition education to support a healthy lifestyle.
Alex has also volunteered at a dietitian outpatients’ clinic at St Vincent’s Hospital, along with her experience at Monash Medical Centre throughout her Masters degree. There, she was fortunate to work with patients in acute care ICU, oncology and surgery, assisting with nutrition support in the clinical setting.
In her spare time, Alex plays football for West Brunswick Amateur Football Club, loves running and being outdoors, unless she’s inside reading a good book. She is a keen cook and baker, and will challenge herself to a new dish every week.
- Body positivity, diet culture and healthy eating
- Accredited Practising Dietitian – Dietitian’s Association Australia
- Masters of Dietetics – Monash University
- Bachelor of Science (majoring in Physiology) – The University of Melbourne
- Completed FODMAP Training for IBS with Monash University
- Accredited Nutritionist
- Trained in Mental Health First Aid
- ACT Therapy for Eating Disorders (current studies)
Areas of Interest:
- Gastrointestinal disorders, nutritional intolerance and deficiencies
- Nutrition support for adolescents
- Weight loss advice and support (surgical and non-surgical)
- Diabetes, cholesterol and healthy weight management through nutrition support
- Personalised dietary advice to support a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle